Curriculum Development, Modification and Implementation
Instruction will be provided in both large and small group settings in the following areas:
- Creative and Critical Thinking
- Learning How-To Learn
- Written, Oral and Visual Communication
- Advanced Research skills
Independent, Self-Directed Learning
Interested students will be allowed to conduct individual or small group in-depth investigations of self-selected topics.
Curriculum compacting, a method of modifying the regular curriculum in order to provide instruction at the correct level of challenge will be implemented by request.
Teachers use the methodology to differentiate curriculum for all students. This will enable them to:
- Present content that is related to broad-based issues, themes or problems.
- Develop integrated or interdisciplinary studies.
- Allow in-depth learning of self-selected topics within an area of study.
- Develop higher level thinking skills.
- Develop research skills and methodology.
- Integrate basic skills and thinking skills into the curriculum.
- Encourage the development of ideas and products that challenge existing ones.