Dear Duffy Families and Staff,
On behalf of the Duffy Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Board, we would like to welcome all of you to the 2019-2020 school year and thank you for the support you have provided to Duffy throughout the years. The purpose of our PTO is to enhance and maximize the learning environmental for ALL kids at Duffy. Without your support, none of that would be possible.
Many thanks to our amazing Volunteer Coordinators and to all who have volunteered for committees for the upcoming school year. You will find a list of those committees and volunteers on the next page. If you are interested in volunteering, whether for an hour or on a more frequent basis, please let us know and we will make every effort to find the opportunity and time commitment that is right for you. Every parent, guardian and staff member is a welcomed member of our Duffy PTO.
In addition to the time and talent you donate to Duffy, we look forward to and lean on your monetary support with our membership donation drive at the beginning of each year. This is a critical source of income which funds various school-wide event like the Ice Cream Social and Duffy Fair, as well as enrichment programs like the Diverse Book initiative and Scholastic Readers. Your donation is completely voluntary and does not obligate you to any further participation in PTO activities.
Below are ways in which you can receive information from Duffy PTO:
KONSTELLA – a website & app designed to keep Duffy information, events, sign-ups and announcements all in one place.
The PTO section of Duffy’s school website (www.duffy.whps.org)
Duffy Dateline – a monthly Duffy PTO newsletter
Our PTO will meet almost every month and to make it easier for you to participate, we will offer a call-in number so that you can participate from home. Our first meeting will take place on Friday, September 6 at 2pm. For the list of PTO meetings throughout the year, please reference the PTO letter in your Duffy Welcome Packet. All are welcome to both our general PTO meetings as well as our PTO Board meetings. And you can contact us throughout the year with questions or feedback at email@example.com.
We would like to invite all of you to join us for the following upcoming events:
Thurs, Sept. 19 at 5:15 pm– Welcome Wagon pizza dinner for all families new to Duffy
Thurs, Sept. 19 at 6:00pm – Welcome Back Ice Cream Social sponsored by the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) committee
Sat, Nov. 2 - 4th Annual Parents Night Out and Fundraiser event at Wampanoag Country Club
We look forward to seeing you at Duffy and many thanks for your continued support!
Jennifer O’Connell (Duffy PTO President) and Ryan Nobrega (Duffy PTO Vice-President)
Konstella is our primary database for all communication/ updates that families need.
Don’t miss out! Sign up or update your account today! Below are the ways in which it is being utilized:
- Provides a single location for your child’s/children’s activities, including class announcements, parties, school events, and volunteer sign-ups.
- Your personalized calendar in Konstella automatically includes upcoming activities and deadlines for your child’s class and Duffy as a whole. This calendar can be synced to your own personal electronic calendar.
- Parents have the ability to communicate directly with other parents via private message.
- Parents can join a Duffy PTO committee or volunteer for a classroom/school event with just one click!
- The online version allows non- English speaking families to use the GOOGLE TRANSLATE link to translate ALL KONSTELLA communications into any language!
- If you are not already registered, you may request to join by filling out a simple sign up at https://www.konstella.com/p/duffy. Once your request to join has been verified, you will receive a prompt to add a personal password, add your children, and place him/her in their classroom as well as setup your privacy and notification preferences.
- If you are a RETURNING FAMILY, please update your Konstella account by placing your children in their new 2018/19 classrooms.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
We recommend that you download the Konstella iPhone/Android app as well, to stay connected with our school even while on the go.
Other Ways to Connect
- Visit the School News page and read the most recent Duffy Dateline for PTO updates.
- Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Facebook – “like” us at Duffy PTO
- PTO bulletin board located in the lobby next to the school office.
- If you have any additional questions feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com
The Duffy PTO welcomes all families to work together as we build an engaged community and support a learning environment which enhances our children’s elementary school experience!
Here are some ways we support our mission:
- THE PTO FUNDS authors in residence, maker space materials, school wide assemblies, updated technology, student newspaper, Scholastic News, Duffy Fair and MORE!
- THE PTO CARES by sponsoring need- based drives, funding student scholarships for field trips, and working with our school leaders to build an environment supporting equity, diversity and inclusion.
- THE PTO SUPPORTS our school by organizing volunteers (room parents, committees, teacher support, family events, book fair support).
- THE PTO HOSTS staff back to school lunch and appreciation events, welcome wagon and school wide welcome back event, school wide coffee and conversation, and a volunteer appreciation breakfast.
- THE PTO DONATES to community programs which impact our families and students (Conard Safe Grad, The Bridge, FWHPS, Cultural Council, DUFFY CARES)
- THE PTO COLLECTS rewards from AMAZON SMILE (designate Louise Duffy Elementary as your charity), Stop & Shop A+ Rewards, and BOX TOPS for education-please consider participating.
- THE PTO BUILDS COMMUNITY by hosting family night events including BINGO, school dances, Duffy nights at the Wolfpack and Yard Goats, cultural events, and the Duffy Fair.
- THE PTO COMMUNICATES via KONSTELLA (see details and registration information by accessing communications section), FACEBOOK (“like” us at Duffy PTO), and monthly newsletter in the school DUFFY DATELINE! We welcome questions and feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THE PTO WELCOMES ALL FAMILIES to PTO meetings and PTO events and does not ask for membership registration or dues. Please join us to see what is going on and how we can make it happen together!
- THE PTO NEEDS YOUR HELP! Our annual budget requires up to $45,000 to maintain these wonderful enrichment opportunities and to support our Duffy Community. We appreciate your generous contributions/donations during our donation drive and fundraising programs! We also welcome all parents/caregivers to get involved! We understand your time is valuable. All levels of participation are welcome and needed😊
Thank you for supporting the Duffy PTO!
Volunteer at Duffy
From the first day of school breakfast, to the fair at the end of the year, and dozens of events in between, there are so many opportunities to volunteer at Duffy. Whether you have limited time to commit or a more flexible schedule we can help you find a way to get involved in the Duffy community! Please contact our Volunteer Coordinators for more information:
Shannon Pecorelli (email@example.com)
Diana Yorkavich (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Here are links to our volunteer forms. After you fill them out, either place them in your child's backpack or drop them in the front office.
PTO Executive Board 2019-2020
Presidents: Jennifer O'Connell (Jennifer.email@example.com)
Past President: Lauren O'Mera (Laurenomeara@yahoo.com)
First Vice President: Ryan Nobrega (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Second Vice President: Kristi Laverty (Kristi_Laverty@whps.org)
Communication Chairs: Erin Gadarowski (email@example.com) and Amy Janangelo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fundraising Chairs: Molly Towne (email@example.com) and Val Bischof (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Recording Secretary: Courtney Pappalardo (email@example.com)
Co-Treasurers: Matthew Dayton (firstname.lastname@example.org) and James Scott (James221@gmail.com)
Volunteer Coordinators: Shannon Pecorelli (Schannonpecorelli@gmail.com) and Diana Yorkavich (email@example.com)
Board of Education Representative: Joy Fausey (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Emily Sullivan (email@example.com)
Corresponding Secretary: Jennifer Hajjar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Teacher Representatives: Christine Mori (email@example.com) and Maureen Curran (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You purchase Stop & Shop gift cards – at face value - through Duffy Fund-It, and the PTO receives 5% of the gift card proceeds back from Stop & Shop. Fund-It is one of Duffy PTO's primary fundraising activities, raising money for its educational-support efforts in our school.
How it works:
- You tell us what amount of Stop & Shop gift cards you would like to receive monthly, good for groceries or gas at Stop & Shop, in increments of $50.
- We send your gift cards home with your student at the beginning of each month.
- You pay Fund-It after receiving the cards each month, via secure direct bank debit or by check.
For more information, contact the Duffy Fund-It team (Rebecca Raymond, Meghan Rich and Pete McHugh) at email@example.com
Check request/reimbursements need to be made in writing using the appropriate 'check request form' located in the office Treasurer Mailbox. Reimbursements need to be completed with the original receipt and the form needs to be filled out entirely. Reimbursements will not be made for receipts emailed or left in the box. If a committee needs allocated funds, there needs to be a check request completed with all the invoices attached within 5 business days before the checks are needed. Turnaround time for all requests made in writing will be within 5 business days.