Welcome Duffy Families
The Duffy PTO welcomes you to the 2020-21021 school year. As the country confronts COVID-19, our utmost priority is to help keep our members safe and healthy, while meeting the educational, as well as the social and emotional needs of our students, educators and families. The PTO is looking to involve its entire community in helping us achieve our goals of supporting our school during these trying times! One Community, One Year means more than ever now.
We have gone over and over what the upcoming year will look like for our children, teachers, and families. Here are some ways we plan on supporting our mission this year!
- Funding: outdoor classroom spaces, maker space materials, updated technology, student newspaper, Scholastic News, and much more!
- Caring: sponsoring need-based drives and working with our school leaders to build an equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment while maintaining safety for all!
- Community Support: organizing (committee, family, student and teacher support, etc)
- Hosting/Providing: Back-to-school lunch for Staff to start and more to come throughout the year
- Donating if Possible: to community programs which impact our families (Conard Safe Grad, The Bridge, FWHPS, Cultural Council, and Duffy Cares)
- Building Community: hosting virtual family events that include Bingo Night, and a school wide dance part.
- Communications: via Konstella (see below) and our monthly newsletter in the school Duffy Dateline. Please contact us with any questions or feedback at email@example.com
- Welcoming All FAmilies: All PTO meeting (General and Board) are welcome to all! We do not ask for membership dues or registration. Please join us at a virtual meeting. I think you will be surprised and impressed with the PTO.
We look forward to seeing you at one of our virtual events or meetings.
Ryan Nobrega (Duffy PTO President) and Jenn O’Connell (Past PTO President)
Konstella is our primary database for all communication/ updates that families need.
Don’t miss out! Sign up or update your account today! Below are the ways in which it is being utilized:
- Provides a single location for your child’s/children’s activities, including class announcements, parties, school events, and volunteer sign-ups.
- Your personalized calendar in Konstella automatically includes upcoming activities and deadlines for your child’s class and Duffy as a whole. This calendar can be synced to your own personal electronic calendar.
- Parents have the ability to communicate directly with other parents via private message.
- Parents can join a Duffy PTO committee or volunteer for a classroom/school event with just one click!
- The online version allows non- English speaking families to use the GOOGLE TRANSLATE link to translate ALL KONSTELLA communications into any language!
- If you are not already registered, you may request to join by filling out a simple sign up at https://www.konstella.com/
p/duffy. Once your request to join has been verified, you will receive a prompt to add a personal password, add your children, and place him/her in their classroom as well as setup your privacy and notification preferences.
- If you are a RETURNING FAMILY, please update your Konstella account by placing your children in their new classrooms.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions or concerns.
We recommend that you download the Konstella iPhone/Android app as well, to stay connected with our school even while on the go.
VOLUNTEER AT DUFFY
From the first day of school breakfast, to the fair at the end of the year, and dozens of events in between, there are so many opportunities to volunteer at Duffy. Whether you have limited time to commit or a more flexible schedule we can help you find a way to get involved in the Duffy community! Please contact our Volunteer Coordinators for more information:
Shannon Pecorelli (ShannonPecorelli@gmail.com)
Diana Yorkavich (email@example.com)
Here are links to our volunteer forms. After you fill them out, either place them in your child's backpack or drop them in the front office.
Check request/reimbursements need to be made in writing using the appropriate 'check request form' located in the office Treasurer Mailbox. Reimbursements need to be completed with the original receipt and the form needs to be filled out entirely. Reimbursements will not be made for receipts emailed or left in the box. If a committee needs allocated funds, there needs to be a check request completed with all the invoices attached within 5 business days before the checks are needed. Turnaround time for all requests made in writing will be within 5 business days.
PTO Executive Board 2020-2021
Presidents: Ryan Nobrega (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Past President: Jennifer O’Connell (email@example.com)
First Vice President: VACANT
Second Vice President: Kristi Laverty (Kristi_Laverty@whps.org)
Recording Secretary: Megan Sipe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurers: James Scott (James221@gmail.com)
Board of Education Representative: Joy Fausey (email@example.com)